CarrotWare is the publisher of CarrotCakeCMS, a free, open-source CMS (content management system) built with Microsoft ASP.Net. It is easy to use, simple to understand, and is highly extensible using industry-standard languages and patterns such as HTML, CSS, jQuery, and C#. CarrotCakeCMS is powerful and flexible whether you're a web designer or a .Net geek.
We can provide custom .Net web-based solutions and assistance with internet related technologies.
Free Content Management System, Microsoft based open source, Custom Programming, Dot Net, .net, ASP, ASP.Net, WebForms, MVC, CMS, C#, C Sharp, ASP,Net, Web Design, Microsoft, Content Management System, HTML template, CSS templates.
CarrotCake CMS (Content Management System), an open source c# webforms and MVC project. It is built on C# ASP.Net, SQL Server, jQuery, and TinyMCE . It now unleashes the power of jQuery UI to provide a drag/drop experience when adding custom code modules to pages and TinyMCE to provide a rich HTML editing experience.
CarrotWare is the brainchild of Samantha Copeland. CarrotCakeCMS is a woman/female run open source project. Anyone who thinks women don't do open source isn't looking.
Welcome to the home of CarrotCake CMS, an open source c# project. CarrotCake is a template-based ASP.Net CMS (content management system) built with C#, SQL server, jQueryUI, and TinyMCE. This content management system supports multi-tenant webroots with shared databases and works well in medium trust. If you have found this software useful or have published a site with CarrotCake, we'd love to hear from you.
Added in Q1-2013 a robust featured blogging engine. This will includes configurable date based blog post URLs, blog post content association with categories and tags, assignment/customization of category and tag URL patterns, simple contact/feedback collection, blog post pagination/indexes, designation of default blog page, RSS feeds, and date formatting patterns, and import of content from WordPress 3.4 XML extract files.
Create content rich websites for your clients in the minimum amount of time Provide Search Engine Optimization (SEO) with content managed meta tags Search engine friendly Expandable solution - new sections can be simply 'plugged-in' Uses Microsoft .net technologies for optimum performance All of this with your favorite design tools
Simple, drag and drop ASp.Net CMS for fast editing. For everybody who finds WordPress too complicated because it's not ASP.Net or wants an escape route from it.
CarrotCake CMS, free open source, FOSS, c#, C Sharp, WebForms, MVC, ASP.Net, SQL Server, MSSQL, jQuery, jQuery UI, TinyMCE, HTML, CSS, Template, CMS, Content Management System, Portal
Its purpose is to provide web designers a simple and easy to deploy tool to manage content in small and medium sized websites, all without programming a single line of code. Through its easy interface and WYSIWYG editor (TinyMCE), content can be created and updated by authorized users without the need of having to learn HTML. For those who are familiar with other open source CMS applications, CarrotCake CMS is a lightweight and design-oriented content management system, meant for quick deployment of sites.
CarrotCake CMS is an all new Content Management System built using ASP.NET WebForms.
There are many open source CMSs out there, many are mature and have huge user base so it begs the question, why bother building a new one? There are several reasons:
- The ASP.NET namespace of open source CMSs is small- more choice is never a bad thing and we couldn't find a CMS which tick all the boxes for us
- Flexibility - We wanted a content management system which would easily integrate with bespoke features such as eCommerce, CRM and so forth. CarrotCake CMS has been built in a fashion that does not alienate a single area of web development.
- Simplicity of development - We have made CarrotCake CMS extremely simple to develop against, a fully featured website can be built in no time at all, with little or no database management required.
- Database design - we were fed up of key-pair values and massive joins to query data in other CMSs. CarrotCake CMS addresses this issue with its feature rich API and control collection.
- Ease of use for clients - we have approached the creation of the CarrotCake CMS with the client in mind. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how great your CMS is if it's difficult to use and to explain.
We have drawn inspiration from some of the great CMS systems that we have used including Sitefinity and Wordpress.