CarrotCake CMS (Webforms v4.with ASP.NET 3.5) has a small disk footprint, the core files take up less than 10MB (excluding your graphics/ template files) and will run on relatively minimal server specifications. CarrotCake CMS (MVC v5.with ASP.NET 4.5) also has a small disk footprint, the core files take up less than 20MB (excluding your graphics/ template files, nearly 10MB is the MVC and related DLLs) and will run on relatively minimal server specifications.
- IIS 6-10, for Webforms, IIS 7-10 for MVC
- .NET 3.5 SP1, for Webforms, .NET 4.5 for MVC
- Webforms: Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016. NB: If running on Server 2012, or later, we recomend selecting a .NET 4.0 app pool and make minor updates to the web.config (see msdn). MVC: Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, or later.
- 1.25GB RAM for light/medium traffic sites, higher traffic sites should be at 2GB or more for webforms. 2GB or more for the MVC edition.
- SQL 2008 or 2012 Express (Standard, Enterprise, etc. or R2 variants OK, also approved with 2016) for either version. The database must be configured for Case Insensitive Collation.
The administration/ content editor requires
- Firefox 90+, IE 11+, or Chrome 90+
- Desktop resolution of 1600x900 or better (1280x800 is passable, but may be a little cramped)