CarrotCake CMS (Webforms v4.with ASP.NET 3.5) has a small disk footprint, the core files take up less than 10MB (excluding your graphics/ template files) and will run on relatively minimal server specifications. CarrotCake CMS (MVC v5.with ASP.NET 4.5) also has a small disk footprint, the core files take up less than 20MB (excluding your graphics/ template files, nearly 10MB is the MVC and related DLLs) and will run on relatively minimal server specifications.
- IIS 6+, for Webforms, IIS 7+ for MVC 5, IIS 8.5+ for MVC Core 6
- .Net 3.5 SP1, for WebForms, .Net 4.5 for MVC 5, .Net Core 6 for Core MVC
- Webforms: Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016. NB: If running on Server 2012, or later, we recomend selecting a .NET 4.0 app pool and make minor updates to the web.config (see msdn). MVC 5: Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, or later. MVC Core: Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, or later.
- 1.25GB RAM for light/medium traffic sites, higher traffic sites should be at 2GB or more for webforms. 2GB or more for the MVC editions.
- SQL 2008 or 2012 Express (Standard, Enterprise, etc. or R2 variants OK, also approved with 2016) for either framework version. MVC Core requires SQL Server 2012 or later (due to EF Core requirements). The database must be configured for Case Insensitive Collation.
The administration/ content editor requires
- Firefox 99+, IE 11+, or Chrome 99+
- Desktop resolution of 1600x900 or better (1280x800 is passable, but may be a little cramped)